Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process for forming a company in Malaysia?
- Choosing a company name and ensuring it is available for use
- Filing the Memorandum and Articles of Association with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
- Appointing directors and shareholders
- Depositing the minimum share capital in a bank account
- Obtaining any necessary licenses or permits
- Registering for taxes and social security
- Obtaining the necessary approvals from relevant authorities, such as the Foreign Investment Committee (FIC) for foreign-owned companies
What are the benefits of incorporating a company in Malaysia?
- Malaysia has a well-educated workforce and a rapidly growing economy.
- Malaysia has a strategic location that serves as a gateway to the ASEAN market.
- Malaysia offers various incentives and tax exemptions for foreign investors.
- Malaysia has a good reputation for providing financial services and has a strong regulatory framework.
What are the requirements for directors and shareholders of a Malaysia company?
- A minimum of two directors is required for a Malaysia company.
- At least one director must be a resident of Malaysia.
- The minimum share capital required for a Malaysia company is usually MYR 1